Wednesday, December 6, 2006

First Post...Maybe the Last

So, finally I’ve given in, I have a Blog. For months now I have remained on the fringe of the blogging world. First I started reading blogs, initially just my wife’s because I wanted to see if she was telling lies about me. Then I started reading other peoples blogs, like Randall’s and Dixie’s. Sorry Marc, I have never read your’s, I only had time for one Vandersluys blog and lets face if you’re only going to read one why the not the one with the half naked pregnant lady’s picture. Then I read a few more like Sweetie G’s (in spite of who her dad is), and the Deutschers (only because their kids like hockey, even if they like Ottawa, they will learn, go wings go). Then I started leaving a few comments here and there, only when I felt I could no longer be silent and thought my comments would make a difference (OK, it was more like I had a wise a _ _ remark and couldn’t hold my tongue). So today is sort of my coming out (not of the closet, I know that’s what you were thinking).

As the first Blog posting I thought it would be appropriate to let everyone know what you could except on my blog. I wanted to be up front, this way after reading this first blog you can decide if you ever want to return. Basically, you can expect a whole lot of nothing on my blog. No real thought provoking discussion on the meaning of life, no in depth analysis of Canadian politics, no earth shattering revelations of any kind. Don’t expect me to post daily, weekly or even monthly, it is hard to know how often I will have a thought worthy enough to blog about. I might talk about my kids because in the winter they consume every spare second of our lives with hockey, figure skating, piano, drums, and on and on. Maybe some thoughts about my wife and how she is the best wife in the world for putting up with me. I might talk hockey, because hockey rules and it Canada’s game. Eventually I might even post about how to shave your head, because not everyone can make bald look good.

This is still a work in progress, as I don’t really know what the heck I’m doing. Sorry no fancy Friesen-cam. I haven’t got a picture of me posted on my blog yet. I’m still debating in my mind whether I should or not. I don’t know if I want people that read my blog on a regular basis knowing what I look like. If I meet them in the grocery store they might want to run me over with their shopping cart, as I’m sure I’ll have offended them at some point.

So, if you’re visiting for the first time or your last time (maybe your first time is your last time) leave a comment. If I don’t like what you have to say I’m sure there is a way to delete it before anyone reads it, I just have to figure out how.

16 comments:

polarpegs said...

For a guy who doesn't know how to read you sure can put down some good words.

Way to go honey, I knew you couldn't resist for long

Monika said...

Way to go Trev! I enjoyed reading your first post. Looking forward to some more, hopefully this wasn't your first and last... haha
Monika

Anonymous said...

THe Dark Side who new!!! Has your voice changed yet????It should be fun reading your blog. I don't want any old day tales written. Like dogs with porcpine quills in their snots. And bestfriends needing help getting them out. I don't blog only because I have no real good stuff. Besides you would need to really come to the dark side if I started. SO please keep me posted. I always check Peg's so I know what has happened in your world any how. The old house reminded me of the ones in Granisle. NICE CARPET!!!!!!!!!!! Love and Hugs your secret friend

Randall Friesen said...

Ahhh,

Welcome to the dark side.

Laurie said...

HAHAHAHAHA - Your wife enjoys converting people doesn't she. I look forward to reading what you come up with as long as you update it as much as I do ok deal. Oh and how could I forget GO SENS GO

Dixie Vandersluys said...

Hey, I'm glad the half-naked pregnant lady doesn't make you run screaming from your computer!

Looking forward to hearing what you have to say.

Unknown said...

You know, I was tempted to not comment at all and pretend like I don't read your blog, but I'm above that sort of favouritism. I'm a little hurt, but I can move past it.

;)

Trevor said...

Hey Bebop,

Nice to hear from you. Sarge was not happy at all. Plus the drugs the vet gave him made him fart up a storm, did he stink. I don't think the tracker was ever the same. Keep in touch.

Trev

Monika said...

Trev,

It's been a sad morning when Moni told me who converted to the dark side! Couldn't you find some other hobby, like stamp collecting or perhaps knitting (that's more your style anyway). I'll always have better stuff to do, like sledding or volleyball, or Settler's, or Ticket to ride....the list is endless! I'll say this as the last, you got some stones! Ha, Ha. Keep in touch.

Calvin

Trevor said...

Calvin,

How's the garage coming? And its really not sledding when you own a Polaris. And we think we found new people to play settler's with. And my dad can beat your dad up. We sure miss you guys.

Talk to you soon.

Trev

Unknown said...

You play Settlers of Cattan?? I hope those new people are us.

Lauralea said...

(AKA Randall's better half)

Keep blogging! I find it's good therapy. It's also good for our blogging spouses to know that we have the means to tell the other side of the story (or, what REALLY happened). It keeps them honest!

: )

Trevor said...

Hey Marc,

Look I added you to my links. I actually went to your site. I was relieved to see you don't have a pic of you in your undies. And Yes we play settlers and yes the new people were you. I must have talked to the Dixie Chick about that. We only have the basis version, no expansions or city and knights. We also have starfarers. Hopefully we can play once I get out.

polarpegs said...

"hopefully we can play once I get out"

You sound like you are in the slammer, the clink... jail.

Randall Friesen said...

Wow, one post and you get 14 comments!

Not bad at all. Maybe you're a natural at this thing.

polarpegs said...

He is just trying to beef up his count. Three of the comments are from him